We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
• we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
• we are performing a contract with you for our services; and
• we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental
rights do not override those interests.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), we, Break of Dawn Press, are the “data controller”. If you have any questions about this policy or about how we use your Personal Data, please contact us via our contact details at the end of this policy.
Personal Data that you provide to us
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
2. Contact Forms: When you contact Ava using the contact form provided on the site, you provide your name and e-mail address. You may further choose to provide additional information in the free text box.
Data that we collect automatically
avablackstone.com uses remarketing tracking cookies and conversion pixels from vendors such as Google, Facebook, and Pinterest to present special offers to you for Ava’s books over the Google Content Network and via social networks. This means you may see an ad for Ava’s books as a result of visiting our website. We also use custom audiences based on emails of subscribers. This allows us to present special offers for Ava’s books to you via Facebook and Pinterest. However, your personally identifiable information is not used by any remarketing service other than to present you special offers from us.
You may opt-out of the collection and use of information for ad targeting by following the instructions at the sites specified below:
Opt out of multiple ad remarketing platforms at once: http://www.aboutads.info/choices
Opt out of Amazon remarketing: https://www.amazon.com/adprefs
Opt out of Facebook remarketing: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Opt out of Google remarketing: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
Opt out of Pinterest remarketing: https://help.pinterest.com/en/articles/opt-out-picked-you-pins#Web
Opt out of multiple ad remarketing platforms at once (EU specific): http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
• process and manage your use of our website;
• respond to your questions, comments and requests;
• where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences / may be of interest to you;
• improve our services and Website through analysis of information.
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 15 years old. If you are under the age of 15, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via the contact form at http://avablackstone.com/contact-me/ or via our postal address:
• see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
• ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
• ask us to delete your Personal Data;
• object to the processing of your Personal Data;
• ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
• withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
• express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data.
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
9. Amazon Associates
avablackstone.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
10. Contact Us
Our full details are: Break of Dawn Press
Contact Information for Privacy Questions: http://avablackstone.com/contact-me/
PO Box 34131
San Diego, CA 92163